Shifting to SD-WAN will require you to first evaluate the need of ICT team according to your business goals. To achieve maximum benefit from SD-WAN solutions you should first need to evaluate the capabilities of the vendor. Here are a few relevant questions that the best SD-WAN vendors should able to answers?
- Do you deliver SD-WAN with a Network or just as an Edge routing device?
- Does the solution come with Zero touch provisioning feature – If yes then to what extent?
- Do you address Global, Regional as well as Local connectivity issues?
- Do you deliver the solution as a Managed Service or a Cloud-Based/SaaS application?
- Do you deliver a centralized control – how long does it take to add/remove policy, change topology etc?
- Do you offer expert consultation regarding deployment/Troubleshooting?
- Do I need to upgrade anything before I opt for the SD-WAN solution? – If yes how should I plan?
- What skills do my ICT team require to manage? Traditional networking along what else?
- Will your SD-WAN solution help addressing bandwidth limitations impaction remote users?
- Does your SD-WAN solution provide features like encryption, firewall etc beyond basic connectivity?
- How much time will it take to Transit to SD-WAN hassle free?
- Do WAN optimization and load balancing come in the package or you must acquire separate VNF licenses for those?
- Do I need to acquire separate licenses for WAN optimization and Load Balancing or is it included in one package?
- Is your Solution outsourced or Made in India?
- Will it be possible for your SD-WAN solution to cover last mile connection in harsh Indian rural environments/conditions?
SD-WAN is fast getting adopted by businesses in India and elsewhere. 97% of CIOs in India have realized the importance of Hybrid Networking and its role in a successful transition to digital. There are several key benefits that come with SD-WAN, including:
- Ensured Application Performance
- Cost Savings at an Enterprise Function Level
- Advanced WAN Security
- Simple and Cost-Effective Branch Networking (Lower OPEX and CAPEX)
- Increased Reliability of Existing MPLS VPN
- Integrated Cloud Management
- Integrated Cloud Managed Wi-Fi
- Reduced IT Complexity
Business in India businesses has been at the forefront in adopting SD-WAN. According to a study by Lavelle Networks, 97% of CIOs revealed that they are looking for hybrid WAN as a solution in the future while the rest aren’t very sure about it.
With a solution from an SD-WAN leader, businesses can definitely reach their goals along modernizing branches/mobile workforces provide a broad spectrum of services to customers at sustainable costs – in particularly rural and remote areas. At Lavelle Networks, our continuous effort is to innovate and reinforce our strategic vision to transform the SDN Solutions by enabling secure, simplified, self-learning, context-aware application performance combined with intelligent routing, zero-touch operations, and advanced service insertion. If you want to know how to make your enterprise network simpler, safer and faster visit us at lavellenetworks.com.